Subject: Action Item 2009-06-01-2 - proposal

Hi folks,

The subject AI was assigned to me: "DaveB" to reconsider POL90014 and make recommendations

Here is the relevant spec text (from CD02-rev1):

2133 immediateOneWay – When applied to a reference indicates that any OneWay
2134 invocation messages MUST be sent immediately regardless of any client
2135 transaction. [POL90012] When applied to a service indicates that any OneWay
2136 invocation MUST be received immediately regardless of any target service
2137 transaction. [POL90013]The outcome of any transaction under which an
2138 immediateOneWay message is processed MUST have no effect on the processing
2139 (sending or receipt) of that message. [POL90014]

I'd like to assert that POL90014 is not necessary as a labelled RFC2119 statement because it simply restates what POL90012 and POL90013 already say. If there is agreement, then I would propose raising an issue to remove POL90014 and replace it with thefollowing:

The outcome of any transaction under which an immediateOneWay message is processed has no effect on the processing (sending or receipt) of that message.

This completes the subject AI.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com