Subject: Fw: [sca-policy-comment] ISSUE-92: Block Intent Inheritance

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-92

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by David Booz/Poughkeepsie/IBM on 06/23/2009 08:29 PM -----

ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>

OASIS Policy <sca-policy-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>

06/19/2009 04:42 PM

[sca-policy-comment] Block Intent Inheritance

Bullet 4 in section 4.12.1 says that to calculate the required intent
set for an element "add any intents found in the @requires attributes of
each ancestor element in the element's structural hierarchy."  This
means, for example that any intents attached to a component apply to all
its services and references.  Thus, if 'confidentiality' specified at
the component level, 'confidentiality' applies to all its services and