Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Suggested wording to resolve issue 88

Folks,

While we're at it, let's fix another little problem which is dragged up by Ashok's text below.

Note the presence of "WSDL Interface elements (WSDL 2.0)" in the paragraph before the insertion
that Ashok proposes.

WSDL 2.0 support was removed from Assembly some time ago, so I suggest that we remove it from the
Policy spec too.  I note that this is the ONLY occurrence of WSDL 2.0 in the Policy spec...

So, extend Ashok's proposal to the following:

Replace the entire 1st paragraph of section 4.1 with the following:

Intents can be attached to any SCA element used in the definition of components and composites since an intent
specifies an abstract requirement. The attachment is specified by using the @requires attribute. This attribute takes
as its value a list of intent names.  Intents can also be applied to interface definitions. For WSDL portType elements
(WSDL 1.1) the @requires attribute can be applied that holds a list of intent names that are needed by the interface.
Other interface languages can define their own mechanism for specifying a list of intents.  Any intents attached to an interface
definition artifact, such as a WSDL portType, MUST be added to the intents defined in the @requires list of the service
or reference to which the interface definition applies. If the @requires list of the service or reference is empty then the intents
attached to the interface definition artifact become the only contents of the relevant @requires list. [POL40027]

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com