Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Further Thoughts on Issue 87

Folks,

There is a basic misunderstanding that is affecting this debate.

It follows from a statement made early on:

"My understanding is that we use the domain composite as the infoset to apply the
xpath for @attachTo. All included composites have been merged before the evaluation."

NO.  This is NOT what is meant by the "Infoset for External Attachment"

What it means is ALL SCA Composite files.  Not some tree starting at the Domain Composite, but the set of separate
files.

So there is NEVER any question of having to recurse into some <implementation.composite/> element.

This was the whole point of defining the Infoset for External Attachment in the way described in section 4.4.1.

The target of @appliesTo is all the composites in the domain - each taken as a composite file and no more.
The exceptions are included composites - only the including composites are targeted and then any including
is done before evaluating the @appliesTo.

There is no humongous tree of composites made up by tracing through <implementation.composite/>
elements.

All that there is is a set of composites - the ones that are used in the Domain.

Each composite is taken separately and the XPath of @appliesTo is run against that composite, with includes done
before the evaluation, if there are any includes.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com