Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Wording for Issue 87

Ashok,

Unfortunately, your changes are claimed to be against sca-policy-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4, but the line numbers don't
match the PDF (or the Word version either, for me), so it is very hard to work out your changes.

I am generally OK with the changes, but I don't like the name "Domain Composite Infoset" since it has the implication
that there is only a single composite involved - ie. the Domain Composite - when this is as far from the truth as possible.
I think that a term is needed that gives the concept that all Composites deployed in the domain are in the infoset, something
like "Deployed Composites Infoset".

I'm not good at names, so if someone can come up with a better term, I'll be happy with that.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
To: OASIS Policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 29/09/2009 22:15
Subject: [sca-policy] Wording for Issue 87

The discussion on Issue 87 on the last telcon moved to consider the
suggestion that the XPath value
of the @appliesTo attribute of policySets be evaluated against the
Domain Composite Infoset.
It was argued that this was simpler than resetting the context item to
the parent of the binding/implementation
everytime the XPath needed to be evaluated.

Accordingly, I have prepared wording that incorporates this change.  In
doing this I have assumed that
the resolution to issue 107 will result in an Appendix that spells out
how the Infoset is constructed.

The suggested changes are attached.
--
All the best, Ashok