Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Impact of Resolution of ASSEMBLY ISSUE 157: Removal ofconstrainingType from SCA Assembly specification.

I did a quick scan of cd02-rev4 for "constrainingType" and "constraining". As expected, no relevant hits were uncovered. I suspect that lack of support in the Policy spec for the SCA Assembly constrainingType concept may have been a hole, but one that is now mute with the removal of the concept from Assembly.

Unless someone objects, I do not plan to log this as an issue.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Mike Edwards ---10/13/2009 06:37:46 AM---Folks, I am writing this note on behalf of the SCA Assembly Mike Edwards ---10/13/2009 06:37:46 AM---Folks, I am writing this note on behalf of the SCA Assembly TC to inform you of a

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

"OASIS Policy" <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>, "OASIS Bindings" <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>, "OASIS Java" <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>, "OASIS BPEL" <sca-bpel@lists.oasis-open.org>, "OASIS CPP" <sca-c-cpp@lists.oasis-open.org>

10/13/2009 06:37 AM

[sca-policy] Impact of Resolution of ASSEMBLY ISSUE 157: Removal of constrainingType from SCA Assembly specification.

Folks,

I am writing this note on behalf of the SCA Assembly TC to inform you of a significant decision made by the Assembly TC at its last meeting.

In the resolution to Assembly Issue 157 (http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-157), the Assembly TC decided to REMOVE
the constrainingType feature ENTIRELY from the Assembly specification and from the related XSDs. See the minutes for the details:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/34653/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202009-10-06.html

This decision may have an impact on the specifications for which your TC has responsibility.

An updated version of the SCA Assembly 1.1 specification will be available shortly that reflects this significant change.

Updated versions of the TestAssertions and the TestCases for Assembly will be made available at a later point, but the main effect will be the
straightforward removal of a set of a assertions and the related set of testcases.

Yours, Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014 Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: