Subject: ISSUE-110: Should intents be ignorablel?

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-110

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for ashok malhotra ---11/17/2009 08:35:11 AM---The last para of section 4.12 says: "If the combination ofashok malhotra ---11/17/2009 08:35:11 AM---The last para of section 4.12 says: "If the combination of implementationType / bindingType / collec

ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>

oasis policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>

11/17/2009 08:35 AM

[sca-policy] NEW ISSUE: Should intents be ignorablel?

The last para of section 4.12 says:

"If the combination of implementationType / bindingType / collection of
policySets does not satisfy all of the intents which apply to the
element, the configuration is not valid. However, an SCA Runtime can
allow a deployer to force deployment even in the presence of such errors
as long as a warning is issued or some other indication is provided that
deployment has been forced.  Details of the behavior of the deployer in
such situations are not specified in this specification."

This means, essentially, that intents associated with the SCDL can be ignored.

Dale Moberg raised a question about this.  See the thread starting
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200911/msg00016.html
Dale argues that certification becomes problematic if intents can be left
unsatisfied.

I, too, have been troubled by the language quoted above.
My feeling is that intents associated directly with a SCDL MUST be satisfied.
If they are not an error should be raised.  We need not say anything
about how the error is handled.

I suggest we open the issue and have some discussion.

--
All the best, Ashok