Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Revised Proposal for Issue 93

Hi Dave:
We agree that intents provide abstract requirements for Policy which are
realized by policySets.
I argue that the abstract requirements for an application can change and
thus require the intents to be changed.

The first usecase is in situations where the application is deployed in
quite different environments.
Deploying an application in a Cloud may have have quite different Policy
requirements than deploying
the same application within a corporate environment.
An even simpler case is where internally deployed applications may not
require security because they
run within a protected environment.

The second usecase is where Policy requirements change.  As I said on
the call, Oracle has a
Secure by Default policy which is enforced by intents.  This policy can
change, necessitating a change in
the intents.  Or, more seriously, completely new areas of Policy can be
developed which would require
new intents to be added.

Note that the policy is Secure by Default which means that all
deployments may not want the default
and may change or remove the intents.  This an example of the first usecase.
All the best, Ashok