Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Fw: [sca-c-cpp-comment] Microsoft public review commentson SCA C/C++ implementation model specifications

The policy document problem (which is the same in 2 and 3 - not sure why
it's listed twice) will be rectified once the policy spec is done.  We've
taken longer to resolve the lone remaining issue than anticipated.  Looks
like it will be at least two more weeks before we can send the package to
tc-admin and then there's tc-admin processing time before it gets
published.  Not sure the best path to proceed.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org, oasis Policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                 |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |03/02/2010 08:19 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[sca-policy] Fw: [sca-c-cpp-comment] Microsoft public review comments on SCA C/C++ implementation model specifications                            |

This is from the current C and C++ public review.  Points 2 and 3 refer to
items the Assembly and Policy TC need to investigate.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com
----- Forwarded by Bryan Aupperle/Raleigh/IBM on 03/02/2010 08:16 AM -----

 From:  Michael Champion <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>

 To:    "sca-c-cpp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org"
        <sca-c-cpp-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>

 Date:  03/01/2010 11:32 PM

 Subjec [sca-c-cpp-comment] Microsoft public review comments on SCA C/C++
 t:     implementation model specifications

This is Microsoft’s public comment about the following two specifications
under public review per announcement [1]:

-   Service Component Architecture Client and Implementation Model for C++
Specification Version 1.1
-   Service Component Architecture Client and Implementation Model for C
Specification Version 1.1

We have been attempting to review the above specifications, but have been
unable to complete our review due the following problems with the
specifications as published:

1) The revised C and C++ specifications
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-c-cpp/sca-ccni-1.1-spec-cd04.pdf and
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-c-cpp/sca-cppcni-1.1-spec-cd04.html
include markup to indicate changes but we could not find where the clean
versions are provided. There is enough markup in these documents to make
the document impossible to review in places.

2) The RDDL document for http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912
refers to at least two XML Schema documents that are not valid.  For
example the first XML schema listed (
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-1.1-cd05.xsd)
apparently contains invalid whitespace, and the 5th item (
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-policy-1.1-intents-definitions-cd03.xsd
)returns “HTTP 404 Not Found” error.

3) The RDDL document for http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912
refers to at least one XML Schema document that returns a 404. For example
the 5th XML Schema listed (
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-policy-1.1-intents-definitions-cd03.xsd
) is not retrievable (404 error).

4) But the biggest obstacle in our reviewing of the specifications is the
fact that the required C/C++ header files are missing from the
specifications. Without being able to review the C/C++ header files, it is
impossible to perform a complete and meaningful review of the
specifications.

Sincerely,
Michael Champion,
Microsoft Corporation