Subject: SCA Policy Test Suite, Issue POLICY-129, and CSD vote Nov 29

Hi Folks,

It's been almost 2 months since we had a telecon.  This email serves a few
purposes, so please read on.

First, I am planning to have a telecon on Nov 29 to discuss the material in
the rest of this email.  I know this is a holiday week, but please try to
review this material if you can.

Second, the sole remaining issue for the TC to discuss WRT SCA v1.1
completion is POLICY-129 [1].  In short, it proposes to refactor the test
suite to share more artifacts with the Assembly test suite. One of the
goals is to significantly reduce the test suite's dependence on Java by
using the Java based artifacts from Assembly.  That's what I've been doing
for the past two months, and I now have a proposed resolution for this
issue [2,3,4].  Please review this material ahead of the telecon on Nov 29.
[2] is the testcase spec that contains updates as per this refactoring.
[3] is the pdf form of [2]. [4] is the test suite in zipped up form so that
you can see the source, but it's also in the OASIS SVN if you want to look
at it that way.  In short, I've implemented the proposal in JIRA [1].

Third, I've taken the liberty of labelling these documents as CSD revisions
in hopes that IF the TC accepts this proposed resolution for JAVA-129, we
can immediately proceed to accept rev2 as CSD02 and move toward a second
(and hopefully final) PR for the test suite.

[1] http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-129
[2]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40348/sca-policy-1.1-testcases-csd01-rev2.odt
[3]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40349/sca-policy-1.1-testcases-csd01-rev2.pdf
[4]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40350/sca-policy-1.1-testcases-csd01-rev2.zip

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com