sdd-chair message

Subject: Anomaly in repeatedly changed SDD TC status

Thomas, Catherine, Scott, sdd-chair,

I apologize for the email redundancy, but I hope this
message will be sufficnent to clarify an anomaly.

On two occasions now, after having made request to join
the SDD TC as a Prospective Member, and having received
notification that my request was approved, I subsequently
(twice) received a further message from the Kavi system
saying that I had joined the SDD TC as an "Observer." I
append details.  On both occasions my status was also
changed in Kavi from "Prospective Member" to "Observer"

I can only assume this is a Kavi config error, but if some
human has intervened to demote the status from
(Prospective) Member to Observer, I would like to
know why this was done.

Scott, can you inspect the log to see why this is
happening?

I have now joined the TC as a "Prospective Member" once
again, generating unfortunate more notification mail.
I am listed once again (as I now view "My Account"):

"OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) TC  Prospective Member
sdd@lists.oasis-open.org Archives"

Thanks, and apologies for the email.

Robin Cover
OASIS

-------------------------
Details:
-------------------------

The process 2x (3x for #1-#3) has been as follows:

1. Join SDD TC as "Prospective Member"

2. Receive notification like this:

##Subject OASIS Member TC Participation Request
## From: workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org

Robin Cover of OASIS * has requested to join the OASIS
Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) TC Technical Committee
as a Member, and is recorded as a "Prospective Member".
This process will be completed when the TC chair (copied here)
advances the requester to "Member" status.  If the requester
is an employeeor representative of an organizational member,]
the TC chair will do so after an approval message is sent
from the requester's Primary Contact (copiedhere) confirming
that the membership is approved.  The benefits and
responsibilities of TC members are described in the OASIS
TC Process,http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php.

3. Receive notification like this:

## To robin@oasis-open.org
## Subject Request to join OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor TC
Approved
## From workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org

You have been approved for membership in this group.

4. Subsequently, days later, receive notification like this:

Robin Cover of OASIS * has joined the OASIS Solution Deployment
Descriptor (SDD) TC Technical Committee as an Observer.  The
benefits and responsibilities of Observers are described in
the OASIS TC Process, http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php.