sdd-chair message

Subject: SDD TC SME presentations

Jamie,
we would like to invite a number of subject matter experts from the industry to present their needs for Solution Deployment to the SDD TC. What are the restrictions and arrangements that need to be made to make such a thing happen?

My plan is that we would hold one or more special TC mtgs in which the discussions would be limited to gathering requirements from users of the SDD standard. I would not expect the presenters to become members of the TC although I would encourage it. I certainly wouldn't expect them to become members prior to their presentations. I expect that we would tell presenters that their discussion should not have any IP that they are not freely donating to OASIS (or should it say no IP at all?).

I would like to begin this process as early as within two weeks so I would appreciate an answer soon so that we may begin contacting potential presenters.

Thank you.

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
B140/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax: (919) 254-7628 Mobile: (919) 619-1038
studwell@us.ibm.com

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)