sdd-chair message

Subject: FW: SI committee meeting

Hi Brent,

Can you please change my status from “Observer” to “Member”.

Thank you.

Frank Heine.

From: Brent Miller [mailto:bamiller@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:11 PM
To: Robsahm, Chris

Chris,

It occurred to me that you hadn't see the agenda for the in-person meeting and that we ought to set appropriate expectations for everyone.

As you know, the SDD TC has been working on deliverables, the major one being the specificaition, for quite some time and I think we've made good progress. The meeting in New York is intended to accelerate that progress by providing several focused days to drill down on many of the technical issues. We will be going over all of the specification issues, examples, proposals and discussion items. Our plan is to pretty much completely flesh out what we are calling "conformance level 1" (the "basic" level of specification). In other words, this is very much a "detail" meeting as opposed to a "concept" meeting.

Hence, you might want to familiarize yourselves with the specification, past meeting minutes, and other documents on the SDD TC Web site.

I know that sending 4 people to this meeting is a significant investment for SAP, and so I just wanted to make sure you had a sense for the meeting agenda. We will be discussing the detailed meeting agenda during next Wednesday's conference call.

If you have any questions, please let me know. If you think it would be beneficial to have a telephone conversation, also let me know; I'd be happy to do that.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
STSM, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

----- Forwarded by Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM on 09/28/2006 12:59 PM -----

Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM

09/28/2006 08:21 AM

"Robsahm, Chris" <chris.robsahm@sap.com>

cc

Catherine Pleil/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Charlie Halloran Jr/Cary/IBM@IBMUS, Christine Draper/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, David Cole/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Julia McCarthy/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Randy George/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

Subject

RE: Fw: SI committee meetingLink

Chris,

That's great!

The meeting will be held at the IBM facility at 33 Maiden Lane in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City, NY USA. Meeting times are 1:00 - 5:00 Monday Oct. 9; 9:00 - 5:00 Tuesday Oct. 10 - Thursday Oct. 12; and 9:00 - noon Friday, Oct. 13. We will be meeting in room 02-2002 each day.

There are several hotels within walking distance (hotels in Manhattan tend to be a bit more expensive than elsewhere, but you can save some money by not needing to rent a car). My best suggestion is to use mapquest.com or mapsonus.com to locate nearby hotels that SAP might have agreements with.

Please ensure that all of the SAP participants are registered on the SDD TC roster with their appropriate status; please let me know if I can assist in doing that.

We hope that you can join our TC conference call next Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. US eastern time (details on the SDD TC calendar on the Web page).

We look forward to your participation and to meeting all of you.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
STSM, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"Robsahm, Chris" <chris.robsahm@sap.com>

09/28/2006 07:58 AM

Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, David Cole/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Catherine Pleil/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Charlie Halloran Jr/Cary/IBM@IBMUS, Julia McCarthy/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Randy George/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Christine Draper/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

Subject

RE: Fw: SI committee meeting

It looks like we will be able to make it to the face to face meeting.  There will be 4 members going, these will be the active members from SAP moving forward..

Thomas Brodkorp - Development Architect
Thomas Klink - Development Architect
Frank Heine - Senior Developer
Chris Robsahm - Development Architect.

Can you please send us information as to where to stay, etc?

Thank you,

Chris