sdd-comment message

Subject: SDD support for InstallationGroup and Feature elements

Members of SDD TC,

I read in the draft specification that solution aggregation can be
achieved with the use of features and groups.
Here is an excerpt from the specification:
"The externalization of variability in the features and groups of the
SDD aids aggregtion by allowing the aggregator to see variable content
and understand how it can be separately selected."

I cannot find any definitions for the Group and Feature elements in
neither the latest specification nor the latest schema files.
Are these supported? If not, how does one achieve solution composition
(from the requirements - 1.6) ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Martin Lavigne
System Design, Network Management Platform
martinlavigne@nortel.com
Telephone (613) 763 3066 / ESN 393 3066