sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Strawpoll regarding recording of SDD TC meeting

I have not heard from everyone on this issue but I have received at least one NO vote so we will not be recording the TC meetings.

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
B140/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax: (919) 254-7628 Mobile: (919) 619-1038
studwell@us.ibm.com

"The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity."
Winston Churchill, Sir (1874-1965)
Inactive hide details for Thomas Studwell/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUSThomas Studwell/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

          Thomas Studwell/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

          06/16/2005 09:20 AM

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[sdd] Strawpoll regarding recording of SDD TC meeting

All,
I had a request from one TC member who was not able to attend last night's meeting. They wanted to know if the TC meeting had been recorded so they could listen to the detailed discussion rather than rely on the meeting minutes. The meeting was not recorded but I did check into the conferencing service and I do have the ability to record the meeting. I am willing to do this if everyone in the TC agrees. If the meeting is recorded then the recording will be available by dialing a special number that I will include in the meeting minutes - the recording will be valid until the next meeting or after 30 days has elapsed - which ever comes first.

Please respond with a simple YES or NO as to whether you are willing to have the meeting recorded. YES means yes, you are willing, NO means you are not willing to have the meeting recorded.

Note that I will only accept votes from members or applicants. Observers wouldn't be in a position where this topic might be objectionable to them so I don't consider their vote relevant. One NO vote and I will not record the meeting. Obviously, given the potential sensitivity of this I will wait until I get responses from all eligible members.

An alternative to the strawpoll is that I ask for permission before the start of each meeting and handle on a case by case basis but this will be a nuisance when people join late (we'll have to stop the meeting and advise them that the meeting is being recorded) and there may not be a consistent availability of recordings. I would prefer not to do this.

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
B140/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax: (919) 254-7628 Mobile: (919) 619-1038
studwell@us.ibm.com

"The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity."
Winston Churchill, Sir (1874-1965)

GIF image