sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] [glossary] fix

In last week's meeting there was some discussion objecting to the assumption in this definition that fixes are general for one defect.  How about this modified definition which removes that assumption and rewords the phrases a bit to better tie noun to verbs?

A modification to code or configuration that solves one or more solution defects and is deliverable to the solution's target hosting
environment(s).

Julia McCarthy
Autonomic Computing Enablement
julia@us.ibm.com
Tie/Line 349/8156
877-261-0391

Jay Nash <jay@o-ms.com>

01/09/2006 06:30 PM
Please respond to
jay

Randy George/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc
sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [sdd] [glossary] fix

"target hosting environment" is fine with me.

New text reads:
A modification to code or configuration that solves generally one, but
possibly more solution defects that is deliverable to the target hosting
environment(s).

Jay Nash
Randy George wrote:

> I would like to see the change of "target system" to "target hosting
> environment(s)" because 1) hosting environments are defined in the
> glossary and 2) a fix might need to be deployed to across various
> targets, i.e. parts to each hosting environment.  One can not assume
> that there is a 1-1 relationship between a fix and a hosting environment.
>
> Regards,
> Randy George
>
> Senior Technical Staff Member
> Provisioning Architecture
> Tivoli Software, IBM Software Group
> Austin, TX
> (512) 838-0752     T/L 678-0752
>

> *Jay Nash <jay@o-ms.com>*
>
> 01/09/2006 09:06 AM
> Please respond to
> jay@o-ms.com

>                  sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
> cc
>
> Subject
>                  [sdd] [glossary] fix
>

> Propose to accept as written by accepting changes in the last doc.
>
> "A modification to code or configuration that solves generally one, but
> possibly more (solution) defects (that is) deliverable to the target
> system."

- --
- --
Jay Nash, CTO
OMS SafeHarbor
128 Warren St
Lowell MA 01852
978.937.2363 ext.111
978.937.3784 fax

protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.