sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Groups - Action Item Modified: #0051 2.9.6

Fukui-san,
I like this re-wording. It works for me. Thank you.

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
B140/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax: (919) 254-7628 Mobile: (919) 619-1038
studwell@us.ibm.com

"There is a word for complaining about a problem without proposing a solution - it's called whining." Ric Telford 2006
Inactive hide details for Keisuke Fukui <kfukui@labs.fujitsu.com>Keisuke Fukui <kfukui@labs.fujitsu.com>

          Keisuke Fukui <kfukui@labs.fujitsu.com>

          03/06/2006 07:53 PM

Thomas Studwell/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Julia McCarthy/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "Danielson, Debra J" <Debra.Danielson@ca.com>

cc

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [sdd] Groups - Action Item Modified: #0051 2.9.6

Folks,

Though I was absent for earlier discussion of this thread, here is
my opinion. I think that I understand both considerations from
Debra and Julia.

> all implementations meeting a specific conformance level successfully
> install the same SDD package requiring that conformance level.

And here, I see a conflict between an objective and a minimum requirement;
it is quite essential as an objective for standardization while it casts
the doubt there might be cases it fails, if we see the statement as a
absolute requirement for the SDD compliant implementations.

My proposal is to make the statement to read as requirements to
SDD itself, for example:

The SDD specification, while defining various conformance levels
(see requirement 2.11.1), must be sufficiently unambiguous so that
all implementations meeting a specific conformance level should have
ability to install the same SDD package, satisfying what the
conformance level specifies.

We can defer defining the requirements for its implementations
until we have a requirement set for SDD specification itself.

-Keisuke

GIF image