sdd message

Subject: r2.13.x discussion highlights

Here's a compiled list of all the recommendations for 2.13.x:
2.13.1
* Either this needs to be removed since it seems to be redundant, or it needs a bit of a rewrite to maintain relevance.

2.13.2
* John, Julia, and Rob recommend removing 2.13.2.

* Fukui-san suggested the following for 2.13.2:
2.13.2
The SDD specification must not preclude the Install Operator from viewing or installing the localized content in a different locale from the target platform or in a different locale from tied one.

2.13.3
* Combined suggestions from John, Julia and Rob:
2.13.3
The SDD specification must support defining a default or fallback locale to be used in hosting environments where localized content is unavailable or has not been defined for the hosting environment's locale.

* Christine suggested the following rewrite of the 2.13.3 version above, and recommended moving it to 2.13:
2.13.3 --> 2.13
The SDD specification must support defining localization content for multiple locales.

New 2.13.x requirements:
* John recommended the following addition based on input from Christine:
2.13.x The SDD specification must support containing localized text.

* Members from CA recommend the following addition:
2.13.x The SDD specification must support defining localization constraints based on the locale of the host environment and the available localized content.

I think I have all of it.  Please respond if I'm missing something.  :-)  I suspect we will be discussing this one tonight.

cheers,

/john patton/

--
ca