sdd message

Subject: RE: [sdd] 2.1.3.1 - PLEASE review proposal and post objections.

Mini-cleanup (remove two spaces, add one s):

2.1.3.1 The SDD specification must define information sufficient to
enable performance of lifecycle operations by provisioning applications
or installation programs using standard resource or artifact interfaces,
without requiring additional resource- or artifact-specific code or
knowledge.

And since we have so many impending simultaneous discussion threads, should we skip the "no objection" notes this time?

Robert

From: Julia McCarthy [mailto:julia@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thu 3/16/2006 12:20 PM
To: sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

I like your rewording, James. Anyone who disagrees with this wording, please respond by EOD Monday. If I've heard no objects by that time I'll ask Randy to include this new wording in the requirements doc.

Here is the new wording for those of you who don't want to page down:
2.1.3.1 The SDD specification must define information sufficient to
enable performance of lifecycle operations by provisioning application
or installation programs using standard resource or artifact interfaces,
without  requiring additional resource- or artifact- specific code or
knowledge.

Julia McCarthy
Autonomic Computing Enablement
julia@us.ibm.com
Tie/Line 349/8156
877-261-0391

Inactive hide details for James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>

          James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>

          03/15/2006 06:36 PM

Julia McCarthy/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

cc

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [sdd] 2.1.3.1 - I disagree. Here's a suggested alternative.

Julia McCarthy wrote:
> I'm taking the survey right now and I find I really do still disagree
> with 2.1.3.1. I just had a conversation with Christine and she came up
> with this alternative wording that addresses my concern. Maybe we can
> make progress on this discussion before next meeting and then we won't
> have to spend much time on it.
>
> Proposed alternative:
> 2.1.3.1 The SDD specification must define information sufficient to
> enable performance of lifecycle operations by provisioning application
> or installation programs using standard resource interfaces, without
> requiring additional resource-specific code or knowledge.

I suggest that you change "resource" to "resource or artifact".  So, the
re-wording is:

2.1.3.1 The SDD specification must define information sufficient to
enable performance of lifecycle operations by provisioning application
or installation programs using standard resource or artifact interfaces,
without  requiring additional resource- or artifact- specific code or
knowledge.

-jhf-

GIF image

GIF image