sdd message

Subject: Requirement 2.9.1

All,

I disagreed with requirement 2.9.1. This started life as a negative requirement that the SDD should not require anything that meant that accessibility requirements could not be met. I'm struggling a little as to why this is an SDD requirement rather than a runtime requirement - I'm not sure what the SDD could do that would impact accessibility - any examples? The current wording now sounds like accessibility requirements need to be documentable in the SDD, which I disagree with.

Anyway, I propose moving this requirement to a requirement on management tools:

PROPOSED

2.15.12 The SDD specification must not preclude the ability for management tools to meet accessibility requirements according to Section 508 (www.section508.gov). UC: 17, 170

ORIGINAL

2.9.1 The SDD specification must not preclude the ability for the author to define accessibility requirements according to Section 508 (www.section508.gov). UC: 17, 170

Regards,
Christine

Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM, 11501 Burnet Road, Mail Point 901-6B10
Austin, TX 78758
1-512-838-3482 tl 678-3482