sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Requirement 2.3.3.1

All,

Further, we already have requirement 2.10.2:

2.10.2 The SDD specification must support the definition of requirements for deploying and configuring solution resources even across distributed and administratively separated locations.UC 151

So I wonder about dropping 2.3.3.1, or rewording it and dropping 2.10.2? Not quite sure why 2.10.2 is under "decision support".

Regards,
Christine

Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM, 11501 Burnet Road, Mail Point 901-6B10
Austin, TX 78758
1-512-838-3482 tl 678-3482
Inactive hide details for Christine Draper/Austin/IBM@IBMUSChristine Draper/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

          Christine Draper/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

          03/20/2006 06:53 AM

<sdd@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

[sdd] Requirement 2.3.3.1

All,

I disagreed with the new formulation of 2.3.3.1 because it seemed to imply that the SDD would identify which steps can (should) be performed manually. The use cases and the original intent of the requirement were that - given additional information like organizational boundaries, or remote targets not reachable from one install program - a change plan could still be constructed that could be performed by multiple participants. We could consider this to be more a requirement on the install program than on the SDD, although I think it is worth capturing as a requirement. Here's a proposed rewording:

PROPOSED

2.3.3.1 The SDD specification must support definition of information that can be used to generate a plan to execute a deployment lifecycle operation, where some of the steps of the plan may be executed manually or by more than one provisioning application or installation program in different administrative domains.

ORIGINAL

2.3.3.1 The SDD specification must support definition of information that can be used by a provisioning application or installation program to generate a change plan for parts of a solution that outlines steps that can be performed manually or by an external application.

Regards,
Christine

Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM, 11501 Burnet Road, Mail Point 901-6B10
Austin, TX 78758
1-512-838-3482 tl 678-3482

GIF image