sdd message

Subject: SDD May 31 Telecon Agenda NOTE: QUORUM REQUIRED

SDD Telecon Agenda for May 31, 2006
6:30PM ET

SDD TC Call in info:
TollFree Numbers: 1-866-628-7239
Toll Numbers: +1-210-339-1861
Participant Passcode: 2520908

Agenda
6:35 Roll Call
Acceptance of minutes of Minutes from May 24 meeting
Administrative
Nominations and Election of new Chair
Results of Telecon Start Time Ballot
Brief overview of SDD-ACS convergence
Status and discussion of SDD Specification
7:30PM ET Adjourn meeting

All,
you will note on tonight's agenda a line item for nominations and election of new chair. I am retiring from IBM effective June 9th so June 7th will be my last SDD telecon. IBM will be recommending and nominating Brent Miller, from IBM's Autonomic Computing Architecture team as a new chair for the TC. Brent has has extensive experience in standards participating in several standards committees including chairing committees in OSGi, UPNP Forum, and Bluetooth SIG. Having worked in IBM's Autonomic Computing organization for a number of years, Brent is quite familiar with the work of the SDD and has the wholehearted support of the IBM team and others in the TC. I hope you join me in our support of Brent as new chair, should he be elected.

I have enjoyed organizing and participating in the TC. This has been one of the most cohesive standards committees I have ever participated in and I appreciate all the hard work and dedication each of you have shown in this committee.

Thank you,
Tom

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
B140/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham, NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax: (919) 254-7628 Mobile: (919) 619-1038
studwell@us.ibm.com

"There is a word for complaining about a problem without proposing a solution - it's called whining." Ric Telford 2006