sdd message

Subject: Human-readable Content

Issue #11 - Use of human-readable content by implementations – must or should use as indicated

Note from Debra in her 6/6 email: I’ve already indicated that I believe that this ought to be “should” rather than “must”. (Human readable content should be used as specified).

I tend to think MUST is a better choice here if we care about interoperability. The fields of DisplayElements will likely play important roles in error messages as well as front-end user interfaces. If people feel free to use these for any purpose, then standardization and interoperability of tooling and runtime will break down. I can be convinced this doesn't matter if we don't think this kind of interoperability matters. Thoughts?

Julia McCarthy
Tivoli Development
Deployment Engine Design
julia@us.ibm.com