sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Language_bundle

James,
  I think that the current definition can provide this, i.e. it is a token.  This token provides a base name which some "best practice" can be used to extend to language specific bundles.  I think that is it a good idea to follow the JRE approach.   If you agree, we just need to spec how this token should be used vs. changing the schema.

Regards,
Randy George

Senior Technical Staff Member
Provisioning Architecture
Tivoli Software, IBM Software Group
Austin, TX
(512) 838-0752     T/L 678-0752

James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>

06/15/2006 12:00 PM

Julia McCarthy/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [sdd] Language_bundle

How about the "language_bundle" attribute identifies a _basename_,
to which locale names are added as suffixes in a well-known strategy. For
example, if you specify "foo" as the basename, and you are running in the
ja_JA locale with utf8 encoding, then runtimes would know to look for

foo_ja_JA.utf8
foo_ja_JA
foo_ja
foo_en
foo

Just like how Sun's Java runtime environment looks up ResourceBundles.

-jhf-