sdd message

Subject: December F2F meeting -- e-mail poll

SDD TC,

[Please note: this is not a duplicate of previous e-mail! This concerns our OTHER planned F2F meeting]

The ballot to determine dates for our planned December (perhaps November? see below) meeting has closed, with the week of Dec. 4 being the leading candidate.

As discussed in today's call, per the e-mail I previously sent, OASIS is planning an adoption forum meeting the week of November 27 (the week before the ballot "winner") and is encouraging TCs to schedule F2F meetings during that week (in addition, this would enable us to present our TC's status to a broader OASIS body and participate in wider OASIS discussions and networking). Hence, we agreed to see how many TC members could attend during the OASIS meeting (presumed dates would be November 30 and December 1; we probably could schedule another day on November 27 (the OASIS meeting is Nov. 28-29) and/or evening sessions as required. Rather than incur the overhead of a ballot, we agreed to take an e-mail poll.

Members, please reply to this e-mail and indicate whether or not you could attend a 2- to 3-day TC F2F meeting in London on November 30/December 1 (and perhaps also Nov. 27). Note that the venue would change from Orlando (hosted by Sun) to London (OASIS venue) if we make this change..

I'll compile and distribute the results.

I would like to close on the date for the F2F meeting during next week's call, so please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
STSM, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut