sdd message

Subject: Groups - Action Item Modified: #0189 POST-F2F: Make proposal re: supp...

OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) TC member,

Mr Brent Miller has modified this action item.

Number: #0189
Owner: Mr Brent Miller

Comments:
Ms. Julia McCarthy  2006-10-25 14:11 GMT
From 10/2006 F2F meeting notes:
o	Version  do we need to support other than just VRML? Brent

Mr Brent Miller  2006-11-21 15:21 GMT
My proposal is simple and brief, so I'll just include it here:

My cursory review of various products' version representation finds a few cases in which version can't be strictly represented in VRML format. However, in looking at the SDD, it appears that current schema could support, in a reasonable fashion, all the version information I've come across (some of this non-VRML information is really fix identification, which SDD supports; some is almost VRML but with alphabetic characters, which version constraints already support in the SDD), and some is "build information", which the SDD also supports.

So my proposal at this time is that we do not need a generic version string, and that the SDD support is sufficient until proven otherwise.

Will leave this action item open until the TC can discuss the proposal.

View Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdd/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=1733

- OASIS Open Administration