sdd message

Subject: Fw: [chairs] OASIS Symposium | TC Involvement

SDD TC,

Please see below.
  1. If you are interested in submitting a presentation, panel or tutorial, note that the deadline is tomorrow (Friday Jan. 5)!
  2. We should consider giving a TC update at the symposium if it can be worked out
  3. We may want to consider having a TC F2F meeting in conjunction with the symposium.

We can discuss briefly in today's call.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
STSM, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

----- Forwarded by Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM on 01/04/2007 07:48 AM -----
"Jane Harnad" <jane.harnad@oasis-open.org>

01/03/2007 05:49 PM

<chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[chairs] OASIS Symposium | TC Involvement

Dear OASIS TC Chairs:

Happy New Year!

We are sending out a final reminder to all our TCs -- to submit at least one
presentation, tutorial, and/or panel session for our annual spring OASIS
Symposium on “eBusiness and Open Standards: Understanding the Facts,
Fiction, and Future”, 15-20 April 2006 in San Diego, California. All TC
Members are welcome to submit a proposal for the program.  The deadline was
extended until this Friday - 5 January 2007. Guidelines and submission
details may be found at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/call-for-participation.php.

TCs are also encouraged to schedule face-to-face (F2F) meetings in
conjunction with the event.  We have taken the time to evaluate all the
feedback from last year (as well as previous years) and have decided to
waive the meeting fee and adjust our offerings. Details on these adjustments
may be found on the website at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/committee-meetings.php.

In addition to all the above, we're planning several special
"member-related" events at the Symposium. One such event will be our annual
"OASIS TC Lightning Rounds". As you know, this is a great opportunity to
educate the members on what your TC is accomplishing, find out the status of
related work, appeal for input, and identify areas for liaison and
development. Each TC should designate one representative to deliver a short
presentation on the work of the TC. Presentations will be compiled and
posted on the OASIS website for future reference. Similar to last year, we
are hoping for approximately 3-4 slides or 2-3 minutes worth of compact
status data and pointers per TC.

Standards work is significantly improved by the kind of broad
cross-fertilization that the Symposium facilitates. We do hope you consider
these great opportunity for we want to emphasize how important co-location
and community-building is to our work at OASIS. We had a great turnout last
year and are very hopeful that our co-location option will be even more
positive this year.

As an OASIS Technical Committee Member, your help is needed to:

1. submit a presentation, panel session, and/or tutorial proposal by the
deadline of 5 January

2. discuss the advantages of holding a F2F at the Symposium during your next
TC meeting

3. reserve TC meeting space using the online form
(http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/committee-meetings.php),
as soon as possible, so space can be allocated

4. and designate a representative to deliver an update on your TC's work
during our annual TC Lightning Round Sessions

Thank you in advance for your support. We look forward to seeing you all in
San Diego.

Regards,
Jane

Jane Harnad
Manager of Events
OASIS
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org
+1978-667-5115 ext 214
Office Hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday