sdd message

Subject: Fw: [sdd] Follow-ups from F2F Meeting

SDD TC:

Reminder that this week's TC call agenda is devoted to the first item below; i.e., dictionary/profile discussion. Please generate your views on the list of dictionary/profile characteristics noted below, and please be prepared to discuss these. Feel free to post such information on the TC Web page, but if you elect not to do so, please at least ensure that you've studied this matter and have information prepared for discussion.

The goal of this week's call is to reach a common group understanding on dictionary and profiles so that we can start to produce real proposals for them.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lead Architect, Autonomic Computing
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

----- Forwarded by Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM on 02/13/2007 10:12 AM -----
Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

02/06/2007 03:45 PM

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[sdd] Follow-ups from F2F Meeting

SDD TC,

Reminders for some of the items we'd like to get to soon in our upcoming TC calls.

First, please generate the information about dictionary/profiles that we discussed, namely:
All interested parties should come back with their ideas on what the dictionary and a profile looks like
Purpose/problem statement of each

names

value,
granularity

who supplies/who owns/governs

how they’re changed/added to

change control/versioning

mapping definitions

where might conflicts/ambiguity might be resolved?

relationship definitions (within and among profiles/dictionary)

how they might be rendered (general form of delivery)

simple example illustrating all of this

how the SDD uses/relates to all of this

Second, we have several proposals that we agreed are needed:

Human-Readable information: have draft information, need formal proposal with example(s) (Debra)

*** EVERYONE: please send your feedback on Debra's initial presentation to her ASAP!

Version: have draft information; need formal proposal(s) with example(s) (Brent, anyone else interested in generating a proposal)

Package types: have generally agreed-upon information; need formal proposal with example(s) (Brent/Debra?)

“Custom stuff” (Julia?)

Progress indication
(Need a volunteer)
Please advise as to when you expect you might have a proposal to present to the TC on one of our upcoming calls.

I'd like to get to these items in the next couple of weeks or so.

Other suggestions for agenda topics in the next few weeks are also welcome and hereby solicited.