sdd message

Subject: SDD F2F (April 30th - May 4th)

SDD TC Team,

It is SAS' pleasure to be the host site for our next face to face meeting.  Information for the meeting is included below.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Hotel information:

There are many hotels in the Research Triangle Park area that are convenient to the airport.  You can take your pick from several so I won't list them all here, but there is a Wingate Inn that is reasonably priced as well as the Sheraton Imperial which is a nice hotel.

http://www.wingateinns.com/Wingate/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=09822&brandInfo=WG
http://www.sheratonrtp.com/

The most convenient hotel for access to SAS is the Embassy Suites which is across the street from SAS campus.  It's also only 4 miles from the airport.

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=RDUAPES

Campus access:

If you choose to stay at the Embassy Suites there is a shuttle that you can take to campus and security will usher you through.  If you choose to stay elsewhere, you will need to let me know so that I can give your information to our security staff in advance.  This is also true of the local folks that will be accessing campus.

Attached is a map of campus.  We will most likely be meeting in the executive briefing center in building T, but if we happen to get bumped by VIPs we will meet in either building R or building S.  I will let you know well in advance where we will be each day.

Lunch:

There are several places close by that we can call out for food, however, we have two excellent cafes on campus and I suspect you'll want to eat at either of those.  Menus are posted weekly so we can review and decide lunch plans then.

Dinner:

I have narrowed our dinner options down to three places.  I have included menus to two of the three here.  If you have a strong preference for one of them, please let me know.  Otherwise I'll just decide (hint, I like steak). :-)

An -- this is a new restaurant and does not appear to have an online menu.  I have eaten there and it is quite good.  Asian inspired cuisine with lots of fishes, good sushi, etc.

Bonefish Grill -- http://www.bonefishgrill.com/home.asp

Angus Barn (a local favorite) -- http://www.angusbarn.com/

Regards,
-Jason

Jason Losh
Software Manager, Installation Technologies
Release Management Division, SAS
Office: (919) 531-4759
Mobile: (919) 607-5709
Email: Jason.Losh@ <<CaryCampusMap.pdf>> sas.com