sdd message

Subject: SDD TC F2F Procedural Reminder

SDD TC,

Just a reminder that to gain (or regain) voting privileges, according to OASIS rules, a member must attend two consecutive TC meetings. Also, voting privileges are lost if a member misses two consecutive TC meetings. We have two TC meetings scheduled before the F2F, so I thought I'd send this reminder in case members want to ensure that they have voting privileges in place for the F2F meeting. Most members keep voting rights in place, but from time to time we all have to miss meetings.

You can check your status at the TC Web page by clicking on "Roster".

So, if you don't currently have voting privileges and wish to have them for the F2F meeting, you'll want to be sure to attend both of the next two TC calls; conversely, to maintain voting privileges, you won't want to miss both of the next two TC calls.

Our TC has a great record of achieving consensus, so I expect this isn't a big deal, but I know that some people wish to ensure that they are a voting member if they're participating in the F2F meetings; hence the reminder.

The gory details of the OASIS TC process are here if you wish to read them: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

If you have quesitons, let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lead Architect, Autonomic Computing
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut