sdd message

Subject: A clarifying change

Hi all,

The process of writing the specification has identified a confusion in the schema that could be clarified with a couple of relatively minor changes.

The problem arises in places where resource name is used. A resource name corresponds with names in the deployment environment, i.e. it is a property of a resource. Sometimes resource names are translated, so these Name elements have type DisplayTextType. The DisplayElementGroup, which is intended for human-consumable information also has a field called Name with type DisplayTextType. What I would like to see happen is for Name to change (back) to DisplayName in DisplayElementGroup and a Name field be added for resource name in all the elements where resource name is appropriate.  (Topology.Resource, the various xxxResourceConstraints, ResultingResource and ResultingChange).

If you have questions or comments, we will try to address this briefly in tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks,  Julia