sdd message

Subject: RE: [sdd] Update: [sdd] Extended Meetings until November 19

Brent-

Nico said that this Thursday was a German holiday, so none of them would be on at all.  Beyond that I don't know schedule wise for them, but I can do the earlier or later time slot.

-Merri

From: Brent Miller [mailto:bamiller@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 10:52 AM
To: Brent Miller
Cc: sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

All,

Debra pointed out the time change. Europe shifted off of DST this past weekend; the US shifts this coming weekend. So this week (only), we're just 5 hours apart, rather than 6.

Also, neither Debra nor Howard (haven't heard from others) would be able to make any of the meetings' first hour if we start 1 hour earlier.

Would the TC be willing/able to extend the time one hour instead? This would primarily hit our friends at SAP, so Chris, Thomas, Lazar, Nico, please let me know. If we do that this week, it won't end any later than usual because of the time change (it would be from 4:00 - 6:00 Germany time). Then it's a question of whether or not people can stay the extra hour for two more meetings.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lead Architect, Autonomic Computing
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

10/29/2007 02:45 AM

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[sdd] Extended Meetings until November 19

All,

At the F2F meeting, we agreed to extend our current weekly calls to two hours until the November 19 planned vote on a Committee Specification, to ensure we complete all the items we need to complete.

I believe that the consensus was to start one hour earlier each Thursday and end at the normal time. I recognize that this is tough for the US west coast (Howard), but anything later is tough for Europe (SAP).

So I propose that the Nov. 1, 8 and 15 calls be from 10:00 a.m. until noon US eastern time. Does anyone object strongly? If you can't make the entire 2 hours every time, that's OK.

Please advise.