sdd message

Subject: F2F Action item: New wording for Completion usage note

We said at the F2F that we wanted to remove the usage note from Completion and replace it with something better. I got the todo. Specifically, we are talking about new wording for Completion element usage notes in InstallableUnitType, ConfigurationUnitType and LocalizationUnitType.

Old: : If completion actions are associated with one or more of the deployment operations supported by the defined artifacts, they MUST be described in Completion elements.

Proposed New: A Completion definition can serve as a warning to consumers that an artifact will perform a reboot or logoff. Alternatively, it can alert consumers that the results of artifact processing will not be functional until a reboot or logoff has been performed.

TC members, if you have comments and make them via email, it will save us time during meetings.

Merri, you can include the new wording in the draft and cross the following items off the outstanding todos list:

Julia McCarthy
julia@us.ibm.com