sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Groups - Full Specification Draft (oasis-sdd-spec-draft-v0.0-r85.doc) uploaded

Merri,

Thanks for all of your hard work on the specification.

SDD TC, please review the specification before today's call (at least give it a good once-over), focusing on the highlighted changes. I would like to:

We do need to close the open items in the list Merri posted; we also need to get a clean copy of the spec with final content. I'm open to ways to accelerate those tasks; I'm leaning toward quick up-or-down votes of open items and rapid closure of the remaining specification updates. Given that we've had lots of time and focus on the specification content, my expectation is that we shouldn't need extended discussion on open items, and if extended discussion appears necessary, that is likely to be a primary indicator that the item should be deferred to version 1.1.

To support a November 19 vote as a Committee Specification, I believe that we must approve the general specification content as a Committee Draft no later than next week's TC meeting.

In other words, the light at the end of the tunnel is visible, and we need to complete this specification and get a standard out in the industry. Version 1.0 will be imperfect; we should accept that knowing that we've got a very good specification that we need to push out into the industry and that we'll gear up for the next version that can improve it even more.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lead Architect, Autonomic Computing
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Merri.Jensen@sas.com

10/31/2007 10:18 PM

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[sdd] Groups - Full Specification Draft (oasis-sdd-spec-draft-v0.0-r85.doc)   uploaded

I know you all have been waiting with Baited breath for this version of the
spec.  All changes are tracked with the exception of a few things where I
had to workaround Word's attempts at being smarter than I.  Please see the
Outstanding 1.0 Spec Issues doc for details on what updates I made.  I
started with the version that I had at the F2F after pulling in the review
updates, but that we didn't have time to go over.

-- Ms. Merri Jensen

The document revision named Full Specification Draft
(oasis-sdd-spec-draft-v0.0-r85.doc) has been submitted by Ms. Merri Jensen
to the OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) TC document repository.
This document is revision #9 of oasis-sdd-spec-draft-v0[1].0-r70J1.doc.

Document Description:
Working draft of the full SDD v1 specification.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdd/document.php?document_id=25933

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdd/download.php/25933/oasis-sdd-spec-draft-v0.0-r85.doc

Revision:
This document is revision #9 of oasis-sdd-spec-draft-v0[1].0-r70J1.doc.
The document details page referenced above will show the complete revision
history.

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste

-OASIS Open Administration