sdd message

Subject: More comments on Primer

Hello,

the conditional context is described in composite example (Oracle versus DB2 installation). Shall we extend composite example and remove conditional context example? Chapter "Additional Considerations" may just focus on details in this example instead of using another example.

I also received a mail regarding Substitution-part (see bellow) and found we did not cover the substitution topic at all in the Primer.

best regards,
Lazar

------------------------------------

Currently iam confused with SDD element Substitution type. It would be
very
nice if you could help me out with an example.

<properties>
 <property name="JAVAHOME" value="/opt/JAVA"/>
</properties>

The above would be my responsefile now i need to substitute the value of
the property name JAVAHOME and the resultant responsfile is as below.

<properties>
 <property name="JAVAHOME" value="/usr/local/java"/>
</properties>

How do i put the same in SDD?

<sdd-dd:Substitution required="true" limit="2">
   <sdd-dd:Pattern>String</sdd-dd:Pattern>
   <sdd-dd:Value/>
</sdd-dd:Substitution>