sdd message

SDD TC,

For your awareness. Please let Neil or me know if you experience any problems, although it's noted that we shouldn't notice anything.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member
Chief Architect, Autonomic Computing & Tivoli Components
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

----- Forwarded by Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM on 06/27/2008 12:04 PM -----
Neil Joseph Schelly <neil.schelly@oasis-open.org>

06/27/2008 10:46 AM

chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[chairs] Mailing List changes rolled out

Chairs,
I'm writing this message as a heads up to some changes rolled out this week to
mailing lists.  Certain members have been having trouble posting to mailing
lists due to their companies utilizing a technology called BATV, or PRVS.
Our mailing list software has been modified as follows to assist these
members.

Since BATV or PRVS mplementations modify an outgoing message's "Return-Path:"
header to authenticate potential bounces,  the software we use to manage our
mailing lists was not properly recognizing those messages as coming from a
valid poster address.  The newly modified version will base the acceptance of
a message posting on the "From:" address, instead of the "Return-Path:" from
now on.

I just want to make sure everyone is aware of this change so that if you see
problems with people posting to the lists, please report them to me.  I
strongly doubt there will be any noticeable impact at all, but
wanted to ensure that people were at least aware of this change happening.

--
Regards,
Neil Schelly

W: 978-667-5115 x213
M: 508-410-4776

OASIS http://www.oasis-open.org
"Advancing open standards for the information society"