sdo-comment message

Subject: ISSUE 157: Facets - Core spec proposal

Title: ISSUE 157: Facets - Core spec proposal

<<Facets.doc>>
Hi Everyone,

Here is how I propose specifying facets in the core spec.

There are changes are to sections 4.5.8.
Section 5.4 is new
The table is section 7.3.2 has a new row.

This is all pretty much as discussed, the only thing that's new is that the core spec says it is a language specific issue, whether implementation should do fail-fast validation or not.  My reasoning here is that fail fast validation might fit better to some languages than to others, eg, users of COBOL, where strings of a certain length can be represented in the type system might expect fail fast validation, where less exact typed languages might not.

Ron

Facets.doc