sdo message

Subject: Re: [sdo] SDO F2F - Proposed Agenda (Feedback Requested)

I suspect that 90 min for the other language support is far more than is needed right now so we could free up some of this time for one of items left off of the agenda.  Also, it is pretty unlikely that I will be able to travel, so a 7:30 EST start is a bit of a challenge.  What about splitting this slot in two and having the language part starting at 2:15 CET?

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

"Blaise Doughan" <blaise.doughan@oracle.com>

12/12/2007 09:52 AM

<sdo@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[sdo] SDO F2F - Proposed Agenda (Feedback Requested)

Hello All,

Below is a draft agenda for the SDO F2F.  The proposal is to leave out some straight-forward topics to make room for those requiring discussion amongst group members.  Each session is 1.5hrs which includes a presentation of the topic and the TC discussion.  Currently the schedule has 2 hours of unassigned time that could be filled with demos and/or other sessions.

Since the final conference call before the F2F is Dec 18th, I would like to have the schedule finalized by that date.  To that end could members provide feedback as soon as possible (end of day Friday Dec 14 at the latest).

For those attending the conference by web-conference could you indicate which sessions you are most interested in attending (and your location) so that an attempt could be made to move those discussions into a time slot that is more friendly with your time zone.  All times listed below are for Berlin.

Thursday January 10th

09:00 - 09:30:  Introductions and Agenda
09:30 - 11:00:  #1 Enhancements to Static SDOs (Ron, SAP)
11:00 - 12:30:  #3 Data Access Service (Eric, Xcalia)
12:30 - 01:30:  Lunch
01:30 - 03:00:  #5 XML & SDO (Frank, IBM)
03:00 - 03:15:  Break
03:15 - 04:45:  #6 Cleaning up/ Enhancing the SDO API (Blaise, Oracle)
04:45 - 05:00:  Wrap up Session

Friday January 11th

09:00 - 09:30:  Roll Call and Agenda
09:30 - 11:00:  #10 - Relaxing Containment Requirements (Ron, SAP)
11:00 - 12:30:  #9 - Interoperability with .Net (Cezar, BEA)
12:30 - 01:30:  Lunch
01:30 - 03:00:  #12 - Programming Language Support as determined by the TC.  (Bryan, IBM - will discuss C++ portion anyhow)
03:00 - 03:15:  Break
03:15 - 03:45:  Demo Slot #1
03:45 - 04:15:  Demo Slot #2
04:15 - 04:45:  Demo Slot #3
04:45 - 05:00:  Wrap up Session

Issues Left Off the Agenda:

#2 Service Level Programming API (no volunteer)
#4 SDO XML Path Support (Frank, IBM)
#7 Organization of SDO Type System and Helpers (Cezar, BEA)
#8 Enhancements to SDO Metadata (Frank, IBM)
#11 Notification Support (Frank, IBM)

-Blaise

Blaise Doughan
Oracle Corporation