sdo message

Subject: [sdo] [SDO-26]: SDO Properties should have an URI just like SDOtypes

Steve Brodsky [20/Apr/06 01:21 AM]
We could give it a Type as well, which would keep the metadata simple
and avoid the ambiguity of assigning a URI to both a Type and a
Property.

This is something that can be done in SDO 2 today, the question is how
easy it is to do. I think it would be easy if SDO 53 aka Objectives
document 15 aka minimal metadata SDOs was accomplished.

Suggest moving to 3.0 since adding a URI to Property is a major change.

Radu Preotiuc [20/Apr/06 01:48 AM]
I don't understand the first part of the argument ("We could give it a
Type as well") since Properties already have a Type.
I actually think that having URIs (optional) on both properties and
types is simpler and clearer: global entities are suggested to have an
URI to avoid conflicts, local ones don't need to.

Steve Brodsky [20/Apr/06 01:58 AM]
"We could give it a Type as well" meant, we could create a Property that
contained the Type and the Type has a URI.

Steve Brodsky [12/May/06 12:26 AM]
Resolved to use the mechanism for global Properties defined in JIRA 22
(Creation of Open Content Properties) instead of adding a URI to
Property.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.