sdo message

Subject: [sdo] [SDO-43]: Add ChangeSummary.clearLog() method

Frank Budinsky [30/Sep/06 06:24 PM]
I agree that we need a way to do this. It's more than a convenience,
becuase the suggestion of calling do.getChangeSummary().endLogging() and
do.getChangeSummary().beginLogging() to clear the log isn't guaranteed
to work on all implementations, because the JavaDoc for endLogging()
says that some implementations may throw an
UnsupportedOperationException.

My concern, however, is that making it easy for clients to manipulate
the CS, without the knowledge of the DAS, might be a bad direction. I
think it might be better if a client calls a DAS method to do this kind
of thing. For example, das.clearLog(do.getChangeSummary()). That way the
DAS, who presumably started the looging, knows what's going on.

Another possiblity is that instead of adding a new method, we could
change the documentation of beginLogging() to say that it will clear the
log, even if called when isLogging = true, but like I said, I'm still a
bit worried about clients mucking with the CS.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.