sdo message

Subject: [sdo] [SDO-48]: C++ specification does not define mapping for SDOtypes Decimal, Integer, Object

Andy Grove [31/Oct/06 08:30 AM]
Changed Int references to Integer (original description not quite
correct).

Andy Grove [31/Oct/06 08:32 AM]
Proposed resolution for this issue:

Introduce new classes to C++ specification: SDOObject, SDOInteger,
SDODecimal.

Amend DataObject.h as follows:

Rename current get/setInteger methods to get/setInt
Add new get/setInteger methods that return/accept an SDOInteger object
Add new get/setInteger methods that return/accept an SDOInteger object

Andy Grove [31/Oct/06 08:34 AM]
I hit the wrong button and submitted the previous comment prematurely.

Proposed resolution for this issue:

Introduce new classes to C++ specification: SDOObject, SDOInteger,
SDODecimal.

Amend DataObject.h as follows:

Rename current get/setInteger methods to get/setInt
Add new get/setInteger methods that return/accept an SDOInteger object
Add new get/setDecimal methods that return/accept an SDODecimal object
Add new get/setObject methods that return/accept an SDOObject object

Separate JIRAs will be raised for proposing the structure of each of the
new classes SDOObject, SDOInteger and SDODecimal.

Andy Grove [17/Nov/06 12:47 PM]
The scope of this change is too large for SDO 2.1 as we would have to
define the new SDODecimal and SDOInteger classes so I have deferred this
to 3.0.

However, the rename of get/setInteger to get/setInt should go ahead in
2.1 and I will raise a separate JIRA for this.

If there no objections by Wednesday (22 Nov) I will mark this JIRA as
resolved.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.