sdo message

Subject: Re: [sdo] List is OSOA Issues for Discussion at this week's meeting

Hello all,

Below are my thoughts on the proposed issues to be rejected:

SDO-23Add option to create SDOs by API with minimal metadata (SDO Project Objective #15)

It is true in SDO 2.1 that you can create the DataObjects that correspond to XML loaded without a schema using DataFactory (SDO 2.1 section 9.10).  The problem with our current solution is that the Type assigned to these DataObjects is vendor specific.  I am ok with rejecting this issue if we open another one to create a standardized open sequenced Type.

SDO 24Support for Attachments

The spirit of this issue was for the efficient handling of large binary data in DataObjects.  I am ok with rejecting this issue (as web services are out of scope) if we open another issue for the handling of large binary data in DataObjects for DAS (as DAS is in scope).

SDO 26SDO Properties should have an URI just like SDO types

I think we have a partial fix for this in SDO 2.1.  Open content properties can have a namespace URI, but the namespace URI does not factor into aspects of SDO such as XPath/SDO Path access.  I think this issue should remain open to cover the remaining issues.

-Blaise

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 1:10 PM

49 is fixed in 2.1.
61 points out that unset and createDataObject methods are missing.  Unset is present in 2.1 and so this becomes a dup of 42.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

"Barack, Ron" <ron.barack@sap.com>

02/18/2008 04:37 AM

<sdo@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[sdo] List is OSOA Issues for Discussion at this week's meeting

Hi Everyone,

Here is a table of issues carried over from OSOA, and how I would suggest assigning them. There are also a couple of rejections. Please look them over before the meeting.

Best Regards,
Ron

SDO-19 More Granular XML Schema Generation Reject/ Out-of-Scope
SDO-21 Ability to turn logging on/off without clearing DAS Support
SDO-23 Add option to create SDOs by API with minimal metadata (SDO Project Objective #15) Reject/ Achieved in 2.1
SDO-24 Support for Attachments Reject/ Out-of-Scope
SDO-26 SDO Properties should have an URI just like SDO types Reject/ Achieved in 2.1
SDO-28 Clarifcation: name mangling algorithm should be specified Static SDO
SDO-29 Clarification: Nested or non nested interfaces for nested anonymous complex type definitions Static SDO
SDO-30 Ability to disable change tracking for certain nodes in the data object tree DAS Support
SDO-33 Change summary does not track move DAS Support
SDO-43 Add ChangeSummary.clearLog() method DAS Support
SDO-44 Change Summary: Clarify the semantics of move, possible optimizations for sequenced DataObjects DAS Support
SDO-48 C++ specification does not define mapping for SDO types Decimal, Integer, Object Other Languages
SDO-49 C++ Specification: Type.h does not provide getDeclaredProperties() Other Languages
SDO-51 Introduce an SDOObject class to the C++ specification Other Languages
SDO-52 Should SDO specify what to do with CDATA sections when de-serialising XML XML Fidelity
SDO-56 Need to improve anyType support so as not to use a wrapping Data Object for simple types XML Fidelity
SDO-61 C++ DataObject API is incomplete Other Languages
SDO-64 SDO needs to enable users to set runtime options SPI