sdo message

Subject: RE: [sdo] Simple question with (possibly profound?) implications on SDO 3 :-)

Hi Radu,

I definitely don't want to remove Sequence. What I'd like to do, assuming
it is really just for XML, is make it more XML-centric - that is, truly be
the element content (similar to the DOM children) of the DataObject. It's
close, but not completely that, today.

I agree that as an abstraction, Sequence is a very good name, but the
problem is that it's not such a good name from an XML-centric viewpoint,
since in XML Schema sequence means something very different - a statically
ordered sequence of elements, as opposed to a dynamically modifiable
sequence of elements.

Frank

Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <radup@bea.com>
03/17/2008 07:43 PM

Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc

Subject
RE: [sdo] Simple question with (possibly profound?) implications        on
SDO 3 :-)

I agree that having a more XML-centric Sequence is needed, but given
that Sequence is a well-defined API in SDO 2.1, people may very well be
depending on it so I think we need to have a very, very good reason for
removing the current Sequence API (by the way, I think the name is
appropriate because it is an API to manipulate the sequence of
properties inside a DataObject).

Radu