sdo message

Subject: Core vs. Language Specific

Here is pass as creating a core SDO specification along with what the Java might look like given the core specification.

The core specification uses a UML representation for the programming model to keep it as language neutral as possible (there are still some Java examples), as well a removal of other Java specific content.  I used the Java WD 01 as a starting point, some our recent changes - like project - are not here

The Java spec contains the full Java API details and other Java specifics, but does not duplicate the general concept discussion in the core specification.

I have not updated any of the cross references (it was enough work to get to this point).  And I am sure there are some other things that need work, but I wanted to get these posted so folks can look at them and start the discussion about if this is a worthwhile thing to continue on or not.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com