sdo message

Subject: [sdo] [NEW ISSUE] XML Fidelity issue: attribute properties in a sequencedtype

Here is another XML fidelity issue that may be related to the
cast(Node.class) discussion. The problem is described in section 2.3 in
this doc:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/download.php/26722/SDO_XML_Issues.doc

I'm wondering if others agree that we need a better way to access the
attributes, and if so, do you think there should be a "nice SDO way" or
would it sufficient to support this only if an implementation supports
casting to Node:

    NamedNodeMap attributes =
mySequencedDO.cast(Node.class).getAttributes();

If we wanted an SDO API for this, it would probably need to go in
XMLHelper, or, if we agree that Sequence is really only for XML, then we
could add a method to Sequence:

    Map<String, Property> attributes =
mySequencedDO.getSequence().getAttributes();

What do others think about this issue?

Thanks,
Frank