sdo message

Subject: Raw minutes for 24 June

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com
[12:03] Ron: I. Intro
a. Roll Call
b. Assignment/ Confirmation of Scribe
c. Agenda Bashing
d. Approval of last week's minutes.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/download.php/28521/SDO%20TC%20Meeting%20minutes%20-%20June%2017%2C%202008.txt

II - ISSUE 131: Setting xsi:nil on complex types that do not extend simple types
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/SDO-131
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/email/archives/200806/msg00031.html

Hopefully, we are closing in on a resolution. I made a proposal based on last week's discussion, and James has suggested adding a getTechnicalProperties() method on DataObject.

III - ISSUE 132: API for accessing attributes in a sequenced type
JIRA: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/SDO-132
email: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/email/archives/200806/msg00029.html

IV - ISSUE 125: Keys
Latest email: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/email/archives/200806/msg00033.html

Discussion is centering around whether the behavior of keys wrt projection.

V: ISSUE 130: Adding the cast method
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/SDO-130
email-thread: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/email/archives/200806/msg00022.html
and http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/email/archives/200806/msg00019.html
[12:09] Bryan Aupperle: scribe: Bryan Aupperle
[12:10] Bryan Aupperle: Role:
[12:10] Bryan Aupperle: Bryan Aupperle  IBM  Group Member
Frank Budinsky IBM Group Member
Shawn Moe IBM Group Member
Rick Barkhouse Oracle Corporation Group Member
Blaise Doughan Oracle Corporation Group Member
Yogesh Kumar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Radu Preotiuc-Pietro Oracle Corporation Group Member
Christophe Boutard Progress Software Group Member
Francois Huaulme Progress Software Group Member
Eric Samson Progress Software Group Member
James Hart Rogue Wave Software Group Member
Ron Barack SAP AG* Group Member
Stefan Buennig SAP AG* Group Member
Ulf von Mersewsky SAP AG* Group Member
[12:11] Bryan Aupperle: Minutes of 16 June approved w/o
[12:11] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Issue 131
[12:15] Bryan Aupperle: Discussion point: What API should be used for retrieving these sorts of properties?
[12:17] Bryan Aupperle: May need to wait until which helpers technical properties apply to.
[12:30] Bryan Aupperle: Discussion point: Technical properties vs. instance properties on types.
[12:33] Bryan Aupperle: Technical properties should be handled by all helpers (including change summary)
[12:39] Bryan Aupperle: Is this more than we need for xsi:nil?
[12:40] Bryan Aupperle: It provides for future expansion.
[12:47] Bryan Aupperle: Would a DOM representation remove the need for this?
[12:57] Bryan Aupperle: Drift to discussion about DOM - live or just round trip?
[13:05] Bryan Aupperle: We need other use cases to help motivate the more general proposal.
=