sdo message

Subject: AW: [sdo] Issue 138: Access to local properties by global properties

Hi Frank,

I'm wondering what the relationship is between this issue and SDO-65, which is the general support of substitution groups in SDO 3.  This seems like a possible solution to the substitution group issue, not really an issue in ist own right.  Would you agree, or do you think we should open this as a separate issue?

Ron

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Barack, Ron [mailto:ron.barack@sap.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 18. August 2008 10:03
An: Frank Budinsky; sdo@lists.oasis-open.org

 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/SDO-138

Also set the component to XML Fidelity.

Ron

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frank Budinsky [mailto:frankb@ca.ibm.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. August 2008 20:57
An: sdo@lists.oasis-open.org

Moving this issue from JSR235 to SDO 3.

As we have discussed in JSR235, depending on how we answer this, it may be
the solution to the substitionGroup issue: SDO-65.

I guess this question is also related to SDO-67.

Frank

----- Forwarded by Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM on 08/15/2008 02:48 PM -----

"Buennig, Stefan" <stefan.buennig@SAP.COM>
Sent by: Java Community Process JSR #235 Expert List <JSR-235-EG@JCP.ORG>
08/14/2008 07:36 AM
Please respond to
Java Community Process JSR #235 Expert List <JSR-235-EG@JCP.ORG>

JSR-235-EG@JCP.ORG
cc

Subject
Access to local properties by global properties

Hi all,
the discussion about substitution groups raised the following question:
Should we allow to access local properties (that are defined on the type)
by global properties?
In my opinion this would cause further difficulties.
Let's start with the following schema:
<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; elementFormDefault
="unqualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified" targetNamespace="
http://tns"; xmlns:tns="http://tns";>
        <xs:element name="foo" type="xs:string"/>
        <xs:element name="root" type="tns:T"/>
        <xs:complexType name="T">
                <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element ref="tns:foo"/>
                        <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>
I think everyone agrees that we get an open type T with a single valued
property "foo".
We get also a global property "foo" in our target namespace.
If we would allow to access the local "foo"-property by the global
"foo"-property, we had no distinction between defined and open content.
How can the user create the following valid XML by the SDO API?
<tns:root xmlns:tns="http://tns";>
        <tns:foo>defined</tns:foo>
        <tns:foo>open</tns:foo>
</tns:root>
Is there a common sense that the content of the root-DataObject is
represented by a single-valued defined "foo"-property that holds the value
"defined" and a many-valued open content "foo"-property that holds a list
with a single String item "open"?
I think we should start with clarifying that simple case before we
continue the discussion about substitution groups.
Stefan.
Stefan Bünnig
Senior Developer
NetWeaver C Tools

SAP AG
Rosenthaler Straße 30
10178 Berlin
T   +49 30 41092-608
F   +49 6227 78-42807
M  +49 172 3088-367
mailto:stefan.buennig@sap.com
www.sap.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Walldorf, Germany
Vorstand/SAP Executive Board: Henning Kagermann (Sprecher/CEO), Léo
Apotheker (stellv. Sprecher/Deputy CEO), Werner Brandt, Claus Heinrich,
Gerhard Oswald, John Schwarz, Peter Zencke
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairperson of the SAP Supervisory Board:
Hasso Plattner, Registergericht/Commercial Register Mannheim No HRB 350269
Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige
vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich
erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine
Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte
benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen
Dank.
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or
otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in
error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution
of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the
original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.