sdo message

Subject: Fw: [sdo] Issue 118 - Creating wrapper objects for simple types

Unless somebody can think of a better approach, I'd like to suggest that
we also vote on this in next weeks call.

Thanks,
Frank

----- Forwarded by Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM on 08/20/2008 03:15 PM -----

Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM
08/18/2008 05:19 PM

sdo@lists.oasis-open.org
cc

Subject
[sdo] Issue 118 - Creating wrapper objects for simple types

If I'm not mistaken, SDO 118 has already been resolved in JSR235. We've
agreed that DataFactory.create(someSimpleType) must return a wrapper.

What's still missing, is a way for clients to know if a type is a wrapper.

Proposal: Type.isDataTypeWrapper(). This would return true for any type
that has the special "value" property (including formally defined types in
an XSD).

Please let me know if you have any comments or better alternatives?

Thanks,
Frank.