sdo message

Subject: ISSUE 140: Handling of the "xsd" and "models" properties of DataGraphType needs to be special-cased

Title: ISSUE 140: Handling of the "xsd" and "models" properties of DataGraphType needs to be special-cased

Hi Everyone,

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/SDO-140

Thanks to Radu for opening this very important issue.  I would like to expand it a little more, to also include handling of embedded schema elements.  There are several cases where this is important, besides our own beloved DataGraph, there is also WSDL to consider.  If we want SDO to become an important component of a WS stack, we need to address this.

In our implementation, we have an extension of the XMLDocument interface that includes the methods

    /**
     * Retrieves the list of types that are defined within an XML document.  This is useful, for instance,
     * when parsing WSDLs.  Use {@link TypeHelper#define(List)} to load the types into the type system.
     * @return a list of DataObjects, all of which will have the type {commonj.sdo}Type, corresponding to
     * complex or simple types defined directly or indirectly (that is, via includes).
     */
    List<DataObject> getDefinedTypes();
    /**
     * Retrieves the list of global elements that are defined within an XML document.  This is useful, for instance,
     * when parsing WSDLs.  Use {@link TypeHelper#defineOpenContentProperty(String, DataObject)} to load the types into the type system.

     * @return maps URIs to the list of DataObjects, all of which will have the type {commonj.sdo}Property, corresponding to

     * global elements defined directly or indirectly (that is, via includes).
     */
    Map<String,List<DataObject>> getDefinedProperties();

Additionally, we have an option through which the client can chose to register all the types defined in any embedded schema elements.  DataGraph of course needs to define the types before the rest of the document is parsed, but we may not want to do this when parsing a WSDL.

Ron