sdo message

Subject: My updates

This draft, based on Ron's latest draft includes the diagram changes we talked about on today's call, plus a couple of other ones Frank identified in his draft.

It also includes the changes for:

4.1.4 - I don't think this is language-independent, but then again, it is
difficult to explain in a non-language-dependent way
4.1.12 - The isNull() and setNull() methods; when did we introduce those?
I can't remember, it could be me
4.3.7 - What happened to getChangedObjects()? What about getOldValue()?
6.1 - The conversion rules between String and List are missing, but I
assume they are the same in every language (part of the reason they were
modeled after XMLSchema)
7.5.2 - The sentence ". In the case where Date and java.lang.String are
insufficient, sdox:dataType can be used to override the datatype to one
with a custom implementation class." was left out. Was that intentional?
8.1 - If we disregard the "SDO Java types", then the two cases in which
"sdo:dataType" needs to be used are "Date" and "Character"; maybe this
warrants a new issue to be opened, but I think it's fairly clear
12 - Again, I think conversions of List to String should be kept because
they are not Java-specific; there are plenty of references to Lists
throughout the core spec

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

sdo-core-3.0-spec-wd02-081208-bea_update.doc